Monday, August 9, 2010

In the Beginning..

     I'm not sure where to start here people. I really have no idea what I'm getting into at this point.. First of all I'd like to apologize about my constant babbling. Where ever this blog takes me I promise there will be much rambling occurring. Spelling and grammar mistakes will be ever present also.
I suppose I'll start off with what my intentions are with this. See, I have many friends who struggle with reading their Bible everyday and setting aside time to spend with God. It seems unless a devotion is laid out before them, it won't happen. Please note, I am not pointing any fingers. That was me for quite some time but through prayer and growing closer to Him, I guess you could say it got easier for me. Even if that isn't something you struggle with, this blog can be something you keep up with along with your daily reading. However my initial thought for doing this was to reach out to those who sometimes find reading God's word a challenge.
     I'd like to make it known that I am no Bible scholar. I am young and my faith is new but I love God with all my heart and my intentions are good. There may be times when I may interpret the Bible differently than you and that is Okay! We can talk about it. I'd like this environment to stay safe, and clean and open for discussion. I'd love for people to add to my ideas and say how this verse said that to them and reminded them of this story, and what have you. I am trying to make reading God's word and talking about God's word less of a chore and more of something we look forward to at the start or ending of our day.
     Just a fair warning, I am very new to the idea of "blogging". I don't know that I've ever read a blog, let alone write one! My plans for my first blogging experience are to post 3 times a week. Maybe I will love it and want to do it more. Maybe God will give me a bunch to say and I'll blog everyday. Maybe I will hate it and only do it once a week, only time will tell.
     I'm kind of excited to see how all this turns out and how people react. I can't say how soon I will start posting my devos I am going to ask for advice from other bloggers and pray about it, so keep your eyes open for my next post. Thankyou so much for taking time out of your busy day to read all my nonsense.
God Bless,
:]

2 comments:

  1. hey love! you are so inspiring and creative!!!! i support you 100% and i am praying God speaks to you clearly about this!!!! always here :)

    Jade

    ReplyDelete