Saturday, September 18, 2010

"Why?", "This is too hard." & "I can't."

      First of all, my up most apologies for my second broken promise. School has started and I have been so busy. I know, lame excuse but I'm done making promises, just goals. My goal is once a week, we will see. Thank you everyone for your patience and forgiveness. 
                                                                                                                              Get out cha HOLY BIBLES! Read Numbers 11:1-3!
     If you know me at all, you will be reading this thinking, WOW Larissa, how incredibly hypocritical of you! But I'm learning just like you. So if you don't know me that well, let me inform you, I complain about everything. Everyone complains sometimes. Why do we complain? I complain because it gets things off my chest, maybe it dose the same for you. Its like blowing off steam. What we don't realize is, when we complain we are spreading negativity. One of my favorite verses is Philippians 4:8 and it says "Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things." (NKJV) complaining? none of the above.
     If that's not enough to convince you that complaining is wrong lets look at it in black and white. Philippians 2:14 says "Do everything without complaining..."(NLT) That's it. The bible tells us its a no-no, so lets refrain from it. Psalm 119:105 says "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path." (NIV) We do what our good Lord tells us through His word.
     In order to not complain, I definitely need another way to vent when things don't go my way. Here's my challenge for you, instead of complaining to the person next to you in math about how hard it is, pray. Yup, pray about math. The bible says pray about everything right? Pray about the things that frustrate you so you aren't complaining and spreading a bad attitude to others.
     There is something bigger than math class in our lives that we have to complain about.. Confession time, I have complained to God.. Something tells me you've done it to? People in the Bible have. Jonah did in Jonah 4:1-2 "This change of plans greatly upset Jonah, and he became very angry. So he complained to the Lord about it..."(NLT) If you were to read further into Numbers you would see how God severely punishes His people for complaining, I surely want to avoid that!
     We have talked about this in our devos before, God sees the big picture. We may not understand why a certain thing is happening to us, we often don't, but complaining to Him about our struggles won't help us it will only bring us down further. As I mentioned in my challenge lets pray for patience and understanding to the things that make us say "Why?", "This is too hard." & "I can't.".
     Our song today touches on the hardships of the toughest parts of our days. The things that pull us way down and make us complain til we cry. This SUPERCHICK song Beauty From Pain says "I'll wonder why God lets me walk through this place", we all wonder, but let that not lead us to complaints.






     I did a lot of talking in this post so I encourage you to find some of these verses on your own. More verses that talk about complaining are: Colossians 3:8 and Psalm 106:25. We do go through tough times but complaining does nothing good for us, those around us, our walk or anything else in our lives so we should stay away from it. We should fill our days with prayer and other things pleasing to Him. Ephesians 4:29 "Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear." (EVS)


Dear Lord,
Help me to be positive and understanding, keep my mouth from complaints.



James 5:9,
:]

1 comment:

  1. I found this very helpful because like you, i complain all the time to just get things off of my chest otherwise they just sit and stir up angry emotions. I forgot that I could pray about my problems (strange right) since i usually only pray about my really large problems, not about math or whatever. I also wanted to say thank you because your blog is the only connection I really have with others with a belief of God. Thank you :)
    I love and miss you :(

    Caileen

    ReplyDelete